Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Left My Heart in San Francisco

I just read this book by Clay Risen (who is speaking in my history class tomorrow) about the riots after King's assassination. Most interesting fact: San Francisco, knowing that rioting was likely the night after it happened, paid James Brown to give a concert that would be broadcast on TV and keep the blacks home watching it instead of out and rioting. Absolutely genius.

I'm really hoping that after spring break I am good at being a student again. I think I'm learning what it's like to be stupid. How scary.

Speaking of spring break... 9 days. Excited.

My predictions failed me once again. 2/3 is not acceptable. I will do better.

p.s. Join Twitter.

2 comments:

chery said...

yeah, the thing that i am learning most this quarter is that WOW I AM NOT THAT SMART. so sad. or maybe i am just lazy, it could be that. ): so sad.

said...

Hahaha yes. What genius.

I feel like this semester I feel really smart in some areas and then overly dumb in areas that should not be giving me trouble.

Maybe it's my lack of Natekin time on Skype :) Or maybe it's because I nap 5 hours a day and eff up my sleep cycle.
Whatever the case, I miss you NayNay!