Monday, January 12, 2009

Dddddavis (again)

Was fun. The trip up with Neri and Natalie, made longer by the traffic we ran into, was perfectly accompanied by a playlist of retro music from our childhoods--the kind of stuff everyone knows the lyrics too. Tons of fun to sit there and have the whole car singing along to some Blink 182.

First night of Davis was pretty good. It was weird to be with some of the people there, but nice to see them again and get to catch up a bit and just plain hang out. Some great stories came from these hours.

Second night of Davis was okay. The sketchy apartment put a bit of a damper on the fun, but Ryan had my back and was keeping me pretty well entertained (along with Natalie, but that was mostly inadvertent on her part).

The very quick drive home, this time with Arjun swapped in for Neri, went fine. Arjun is a good backseat sleeper, haha. Sad to say goodbye to everyone, but nice to spend a couple solid last days with them before leaving for a long while again.

Getting up before the sun is never fun, but when you get to catch up on the sleep a little on the plane it isn't so bad. Always nice to run into people you know in the airport who end up on your flight, as well. Lessens the boredom of waiting to board. And yes, large woman next to me, I did see you peeping my iPod screen while I was watching a movie on it. You are not sly.

It's a bit odd to be back on campus and seeing everyone here again. Haven't quite figured out why it's so weird, but it is. If you amateur psychologists want to help me out, please do your best.

Not very excited for classes to start tomorrow. Very excited for my internship to start on Wednesday. Moderately excited for the inaugural festivities. The opening event at the Lincoln Memorial on Sunday before a lot of tourists get in may be especially great.

People need to stop making New Years resolutions to work out more and lose weight. I prefer my gym mostly empty and easy to use, thank you very much.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

yay I had fun with you too!
in other news, you have wayyyy too much crap on the right side of your blog. seriously.

RJ said...

im actually a good sleeper anywhere. hahaha

p.s. theres too many d's in the title. it kind of bothers me. and read my blog. i shouted you out. TWICE. no big. you ahve to read that article that i mention!!

chery said...

i see you reverted back to your old ways of using peoples full names. haha i wish i got to hang out with you more before you left, but hoorah for potential spring break plans coming together. your note about new years resolutions and full gyms made me laugh, haha i am definitely guilty. but be proud of me, i've been to the gym every school day since i've been here. (:

VaguelyCynical said...

Yeah, way too much on the right for a normal post, but I couldn't quickly see how to only have it on the front page.

Just read the article, RJ, pretty funny stuff.

I'm quick and agile with the naming, C. Spring Break yaya hopefully.