Saturday, December 13, 2008

Work Work Bork

I think that for the first time in my life I may be at a point where I want to do work.

Next semester is going to be a bitch. A major bitch. I have an internship on the hill that I will be working full days at on Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays. Tuesdays and Thursdays are full of classes, lasting a little bit longer than a work day. Plus a after-dinner lab on Wednesdays.

Luckily most of my classes next semester are pretty easy, with a lot of introductory courses that I skipped this semester to jump into higher-level work to see how I liked it. Even with that help, it's not going to be a breeze. Should be interesting to see how it works out though.

Even with how much of a bitch it's going to be, I am pretty excited for it. I feel like I got pretty lucky with my internship, and that it will be pretty rewarding. Plus when I go crazy and want to give up there are people to support me a little bit until I man up and take it. (M, this would be a good time to jump in with your favorite joke, connecting it to my 'taking it'.)

Might be some foreshadowing too. When I was interviewing, the SA asked what my dream job was. When I told him, he laughed a bit. I was a little surprised and expressed that to him. He explained that he couldn't imagine anyone wanting to kill themselves like that for so long. I smiled.

I also can't decide whether I am better in group-of-friends situation or one-on-one. Opinions would be great.

Mental (read: don't buy me this crap, or anything else. because then when I don't get you anything I feel bad. for a minute or two at least.) Christmas List:
-A louder alarm clock.
-Some awesome yet reserved ties to SUIT UP (ht: Chery) with

4 comments:

chery said...

SUIT UP! Man, I wish I had a friend like Barney. hahaha I think I'm gonna go watch some HIMYM! That'll cheer me up. I miss you, Nate! And you are fantastic to one-on-one with but in a group you are fun as well. Win-win!

Crystal said...

mmmm
well just in general I like hanging out with people one and one
cause then we can actually have conversations
but yea, like chery said.. you are quite entertaining in a group as well kekeke.
I miss you nate come back!!

Paulina said...

an after-dinner lab.

VaguelyCynical said...

I should really turn into a less-sleazy version of Barney. Which I guess is sort of Ted.

You all copped out on the group/individual question. I am disappointed.

Can't wait 'till I get home. It's weird to already be done with all these classes. Just 25 pages to write and a final to take. (No zeugma here.)

*5 points to anyone who didn't have to look that up. No I didn't get any points.