Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dorm Kitchens are Useful

I'm not really sure how it turned out this way, but I am one of-if not the-most kitchen capable people out of my friends here. Kind of way wacky, but okay. It's quite a bit of fun to make good things without any measuring devices besides your eye!

Tonight we made out second round of chocolate sunflower kernel clusters. When we first made them, almost two weeks ago, we were fading fast and couldn't believe how amazing they were. I'm pretty sure I have never had so much fun eating and accidentally smearing chocolate all over my face. This time, although we failed at finding nonpareil sprinkles to put on top, we did manage to improve them. Instead of the three/four bite monsters or yore, we decided on very small bite-size treats. This is both nicer to eat and has a little bit silkier chocolate to seed ratio. Very nice.

We also made jello. I won't go into foodgasmic detail on that because it is both boring and untested, since it is still setting in the refrigerator.

In other, and probably more important, news, I decided to come home for Thanksgiving! My class schedule ends up working out quite nicely for a long break at home, so I will be relaxing for over a week in Cupertino. And definitely seeing you guys plenty. RITE?

A couple of friends here (Amanda and Danielle for those who are creepy enough to know names of GW folk already) have their boyfriends visiting this weekend. It's pretty interesting to meet people that you have already heard a lot about and compare their reality to their descriptions. Very mentally entertaining! But, surprisingly, I haven't found people from this category that I dislike yet. Still time!

And, just to make this a true college blog post, a rant:
No one cares that you can think of a special case that is counter to a general social science rule. We know there are Republicans in California and Democrats in Alabama. We are not stupid. We talk in generalities and statistics because if we wanted to account for every single opinion we would all kill ourselves. So when you think about raising your hand and pointing out the oh-so-fatal flaw in the argument because you know of a Congressman who once acted counter to the theory, don't. Shut the fuck up. Always.

There we go.

4 comments:

Dhishoom said...

yesss major chilling during thanksgiving
=)

Paulina said...

"But, surprisingly, I haven't found people from this category that I dislike yet. Still time!"
That's a lie.

Paulina said...

Also I like you
Nat.

Paulina said...

VC (vaginal contraceptive)
you need to blog more so I can procrastinate more