Friday, March 5, 2010

Jealous

When did I become such a jealous person? I feel like I used to be a lot more self-confident and want a lot less of what other people have. I guess this goes with my failure to be content outlined below, but it's still party darn annoying.

Don't really know how to fix it, either. Distance myself from what I'm jealous of? I feel like that will only make me feel worse and thus more jealous. Grab on to what I'm jealous of tighter so I miss out on less? Impractical.

I remember being content, for so long, with having no life and few friends. Sometimes I wish I could go back to being happy with that instead of having gotten to experience so much more and want to go back to that instead.
This was a lot of fun though. Just not quite the right kind of fun to make me ecstatic. Which sounds ridiculous when I think about it but is super true.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

yeah I get that feeling too, with general happiness
happy enough, but generally antsy?? idk