Sunday, April 12, 2009

Success!

I had a great weekend. Relaxed and awesome. So many people were out of town for passover/Easter/Congressional recess that the whole city was sort of dead, especially on campus.

I saw Watchmen on Friday night. It is definitely long, obtuse, and complicated, but I enjoyed it overall. I think it helps to see it in an empty-ish theater so that people don't get mad when you whisper questions back and forth while squirming to find a new position for your long-ago-asleep ass.

Also from Friday night. Correct me if I am wrong, but copious amounts of soy sauce don't belong on Chicken Pad See Eww, correct? I get it all the time without problem but this time it was drenched in the salty flavor blaster. Oh well, still okay enough to eat and enjoy the experience.

Saturday night a group of us went to see the fireworks marking the end of the National Cherry Blossom Festival. Got a nice viewing spot looking across a still tidal basin at the Jefferson Memorial, with the fireworks exploding right above. The reflections on the water of the lit monument and the array of fireworks above was like a postcard. Very sweet. Later, it was time to open my shrink-wrapped American Psycho Uncut Version DVD and give it a watch. No clue what they changed, but it's still an amazing movie. I always seem to forget at least a few random ass moments of greatness.

Sunday was time for some quality family time. At 8 am after 4.5 hours of sleep. With two little girls under the age of 7. Hiking and picnicking. Still always nice to see some 2nd and 3rd cousins of mine and keep that connection going.

Okay, so this weekend sounds really lame when I type it out, but I assure you that it was really quite nice. I'm back into a work week about as tired as I left it, which means by the time I get to the end of it I will be hating myself with a passion. I just can't make myself sleep when there are more fun things I could be doing!

3 comments:

Paulina said...

oh I forgot to ask you...
how was your date that wasn't a date?

VaguelyCynical said...

That description kind of speaks for itself, Paul.

said...

Your weekend sounded lovely :)

And YES I totally agree about Zooey Deschanel. And her + Joseph Gordon-Levitt should be amazing. WE SHOULD SEE IT TOGETHER!